Exterior Insulation Finish Systems (EIFS) provides a unique layer under the stucco. The layer creates an insulated barrier that protects against moisture and is energy efficient. Basically, the substrate is layered with a water-resistant barrier. Adhesive or fasteners connect the barrier to the insulation board and create a drainage plane between the layers. Varying types of mesh can then be used to fasten it to the insulation board, and then stucco is applied.
EIFS claddings are well-researched in the construction industry. They demonstrate impressive performance in moisture and thermal control compared to other materials, such as brick and siding.
Top Ten Reasons to Choose EIFS
1. Achieve better insulation efficiency.
2. Actively utilize better energy efficiency.
3. Proactively implement energy and environmental design.
4. Substantially limit use of fossil fuels.
5. Utilizing EPS insulation that can be re-used and takes a fraction of the space in landfills compared to paper and food.
6. Protect against moisture production and improve water drainage.
7. Comply with building codes.
8. Leverage a safe a durable product.
9. Take advantage of a wide range of finishes, colors, and textures to create a unique, personalized finished product.
10. EIFS is the best! A study sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy determined it outperformed other exterior materials in overall insulating ability and moisture resistance.
Cracked Brick and Stucco Repair from CDP Stucco
CDP Stucco has repaired cracked stucco for homeowners throughout Florida. If you are unsure if the cracks indicate foundation failure, a representative from CDP Stucco can provide an inspection to give you back peace of mind.
Contact us today for an inspection of your cracked stucco repair! If you are interested in Stucco Installation or Stucco Repair, call the experts at CDP Stucco now at 850-259-2283